Monday, March 31, 2003

War and Remembrance


War and Remembrance

I've been consciously trying to avoid the war on the news and in media. It depresses me too much. Walter Cronkite said tonight that the new media was handling it more like entertainment than like covering a WAR. However, the ugly face of war was presented to me today. Someone got a picture off the internet of one of our bombs taking out an enemy truck or something in Iraq and the photo showed the bodies catapulting perhaps a hundred feet in the air. It was graphic and broke my heart. What grieved me most was that some people thought the picture was really neat. It is a wake up call of how awful war is regardless of whether you think this war is justified and the right thing to do or not. I wonder where those men will now spend eternity. God help us all.



No comments: