Thursday, July 22, 2004

The BEACH

Mazen is sleeping so I have a minute to write.  I think we might be getting her into something of a schedule finally!  YAY!  A lot of her baby hair fell out and she was looking bald, but in the past week all of a sudden all these blonde hairs have shown up and they are about 1/4 inch long now.  It's like she has this really fuzzy head.  Now when I look at her she looks SO BLONDE!  I started calling her "blondie" yesterday.  And she's looking more and more like her Daddy every day.  She's such a pretty baby.

We just got home from a trip to North Carolina to see my sister and Mom and spend some time on the Beach.  Other than my honeymoon, it was the best time I've had during a week ever.  We had so much fun just relaxing and really doing nothing other than hanging out at the beach, playing in the ocean, taking Mazen to swim in the lagoon on the other side of Oak Island, reading, sleeping, walking on the sand, digging up sand crabs, and praying.  Michael and I had a really good time.  Mazen got to know her cousin Breanna who said hello the first five minutes by sticking her finger in Mazen's mouth.  Of course Mazen responded by wailing screams to that hello and it took them three days to make up.  By the end of the week they were friends and if Mazen could have moved around more like Breanna they would have played together.  Mazen sure loved watching her and wanted to eat food off a spoon just like Breanna.
I hope we can go there again.  It was so nice.  I could have stayed TWO WEEKS!!!! 

You should check it out!
Link:  OAK ISLAND
I'll try to get some pics put up here soon!  It was really pretty.

I started reading Stephen Lawhead's "Song of ALbion" books while I was there.  I thoroughly enjoyed them.  I am HOOKED now!  Wow.  He is a great writer and I'm loving the things I'm learning and thinking about.  I can't wait to read some more of his things.  I don't know if I'll have the time, but I hope so.  It's nice to lay down and read while I'm nursing the baby.  So peaceful.  Especially last week while listening to the surf... ahhhh. 
LINK: STEPHEN LAWHEAD

 


No comments: