Saturday, July 03, 2004

Foot, Foot Foot and Foot Foot Foot


Barbara & Kelly circa 1970

I love this picture of me and Kelly. I think it is taken in Yosemite. At least it's somewhere in northern CA when we were kids. I actually remember the photo being taken. They turned out really good. We used to go for day trips and weekend trips with our Mom & Dad when we were little. They were special times. You forget that things like this leave such an impression on a young mind. I remember feeding chipmunks that day. It was so much fun. I love my sister so much. We grew up arguing all the time - as siblings often do - but we have always loved each other and grew to be best friends later in life. I only wish I had been a better sister to her. She means so much to me.

I've been thinking of this silly story Kelly used to tell a long time ago when she was probably about 12 or 14 years old. Watching Mazen play with her own feet made me keep thinking of "Foot, Foot Foot, and Foot Foot Foot, the bunny rabbits. I searched and found the story again. I had to post it here because it used to crack us up as kids. (Especially when you say their names funny and do the voices.) So, this one's for Kelly! I love you!

"There are three bunny rabbits living in the forest, named Foot, Foot-Foot, and Foot-Foot-Foot. They were happily bounding around the forest when one day Foot states that he isn't feeling well. Foot-Foot and Foot-Foot-Foot take him to visit the doctor. Foot goes into the office and a few hours pass. Finally, the doctor comes out and speaks to Foot-Foot and Foot-Foot-Foot.

Doc says, "I'm afraid it doesn't look good for your friend Foot."

As expected, several days later Foot passes away. Again, Foot-Foot and Foot-Foot-Foot are happily bounding around the forest. Suddenly, Foot-Foot doesn't feel good, so Foot-Foot-Foot takes him to the doctor.

Doc gives Foot-Foot an extensive examination, and when finished says to Foot-Foot-Foot, "I'm afraid it's the same diagnosis as Foot...I don't expect him to make it."

Foot-Foot-Foot is deeply concerned and says, "Doc, you gotta do something...I've already got one Foot in the grave!"

No comments: