Saturday, August 14, 2004

Minnesota Deaf Campers

Today I am off to visit the Minn Deaf Campers at the place they are camping in Cokato. I haven't been able to see them for a while so I am really looking forward to it. I hope I can reconnect with people and that some of my friends are there. I always feel weird showing up by myself but these are some really incredible people. I hope I can find a way to contribute to their organization in some way.

Annette and Eric are here visiting. I feel bad leaving them today as they have come all the way from PA, but it's one of my only weekends with the MDC. It is so nice to connect with them again. Mazen loves them and they are really great friends. I wish we lived closer because I think they would become our first "couple" friends to hang out with and we would have a lot of fun. We laught together, share things of God together, and really enjoy each other's company. It's nice to see them.

Speaking of friends, I'm really missing Jaymie today. Not because I'm going to MDC, but just becuase I wish she was nearby and we could hang out. It's going to be perfect weather today, mid 70's, no mosquitos, and Mazen is at such a fun age. :)

Later I'm going to write a bit about "control" and "mechanics" and "modernism." Hmmmm... something I've been prompted to think more about.

If anyone reads this, please pray for Mike Laberdie. He was hit by a car while riding his bicycle to work Tuesday morning. He almost died yesterday. He has a serious head injury, broken ribs, and a crushed ankle. His brain swelled terribly. They did surgery to open up his skull to relieve the pressure. His inter cranial pressue is supposed to be under 20. It went all the way up to 57 yesterday and it was touch and go. They put him into a drug induced coma. I guess he's further under than he would be in surgery. This brought his pressure down. No one can touch him or talk to him because they don't want ANY brain activity. We visited yesterday and went in and prayed over him silently. My heart just went out to him. His wife, Wendy is so strong. They have two little kids. He is a wonderful man and we are just grieved over what has happened.


No comments: