Monday, September 03, 2007

Ph.D.!

Today I finished the third draft of my dissertation. I had to make three copies to send to the committee so Michael went out and bought 3 reams of paper. I can't say what a relief yet because it hasn't really hit me completely.

Michael surprised me with a special evening at Long Lake. He planned everything and then Dave and Ali surprised us all by bringing their boat and a new tube they recently bought. We swam in the warm lake. The water was 80 degrees! It was amazing. The sun was out, the water was warm, and the beach sandy. Michael and Mazen tubed with Mazen squealing in delight the whole time. Then Raelyn and Mazen tubed. I would have tried, but it was 6pm and they didn't allow tubing after that time. It was probably a good thing because my hips and back are giving me trouble today.

Maybe I can soon start staying on top of things on this blog now! :)

My Mom is coming home from the hospital tomorrow. She has been through a major surgery and all the reports I get tell me she is doing really well. I hope this relieves a lot of pain for her once she heals and completes physical therapy. Jon has been driving back and forth to the hospital several times a day and taking care of her. Kelly and I are thankful he loves her so much and is so good at caring for her.

I hope to put some pictures up soon but this is all for now. I'm tired and have early morning classes. It was a busy labor day weekend with the CDS retreat and dissertation work and it was a very good one. I have a wonderful family! Michael, Mazen and Raelyn are so good to me!

No comments: