Monday, June 21, 2004

Father's Day and Triple Espresso

Yesterday we had a really special day. In the morning, Mazen gave Daddy his first Father's Day gift. It was a nice card from her and a three CD worship music set. Daddy loved that. Then he opened the gift from Mommie and it was two tickets to Triple Espresso at the 3:00 matinee. I had a babysitter all set up and he didn't know it.

We went to church and Mazen actually stayed for almost the whole service! That was nice! Then we stopped by Chipotle for a quick lunch and went home to meet Andi and Brandon. Andi was there waiting for us and she stayed with Mazen while we went downtown to the Music Box Theatre. It was really fun! We laughed and had a great time. We had front row seats which was really nice, but I think any seat on the main floor had a great view! Michael and I commented about how much his parents and Lyn and Velma would enjoy it. Maybe someday we can all go!

I think it was a special day for my wonderful husband. He is the best Daddy of all time. I am so impressed with him and so thankful that I married him. He takes care of Mazen so well and she loves him so much. This morning he read her the book, "Bark, George" with all the sound effects. She wanted to look at him more than the book.

Now we are off to see the doc for Mazen's 4 month shots. It's hard for me to bear her getting the shots, but I did my homework on vaccines and believe that this is VERY important for her. We don't want her to get one of these deadly diseases. So, I can bear watching her get 4 shots knowing that she won't get something really bad and die.

No comments: